Founders Heritage Park
Sunday, 13 November
The Nelson Growables annual garden fair is organised by the Nelson Growables Charitable Trust, a group of volunteers who share the aim to promote the knowledge and enjoyment of all things growable.
Growables continues to operate as a not-for-profit charity, the objective of which is to be self-sustaining, and yet affordable for stallholders and the public. Any proceeds will be retained for future Growables events, as well as promoting the Growables message.
Things to look forward to at the Nelson Growables Garden Fair 2011 include:
- Over 100 stands with edibles, ornamentals,heritage and unusual plants, plus gardening products, services and inspiration.
- The extension to the NELMAC courtyard – offering inspiration for your home garden.
- The Nelson Cacti & Succulent Group’s hosting of the annual South Island meet.
- The Nelson branch of the Royal Horticultural Society’s annual display. This branch of the RHS is the OLDEST in New Zealand!
- The Christmas Chapel – a stunning floral display by the Waimea Floral Art Group
- Ongoing demonstrations on everything from composting and raising chooks, to making harakeke and fabulous hanging baskets.
- Workshops on how to prune, how to propagate, how to create floral art, and many more.
- Kids Trail, face painting, balloon sculptures, crafts, baby chicks, bees and livestock.
- Great entertainment and foodcourt.
- Expert knowledge, inspiration and education!
PLUS! Nelson Growables special Garden Week timetable – demonstrations, tours, free and all during Garden Week finishing with the Nelson Growables Garden Fair!
Download your timetable here